Parents are still helping their adult children with rent. A new poll of 2,000 Americans from OnePoll on behalf of “Chartway Credit Union” has found.
The survey found that:
- 35% of adults admitted their parents pay at least one of their bills.
- 19% said their parents pay their rent.
- 19% said their parents pay their groceries.
- 16% said their parents pay their utilities.
When it comes to millennials specifically, things get even greater. For millennials:
- 24% admitted their parents cover their rent.
- 30% said they’ll let their parents pay these bills until their parents tell them otherwise.
- 39% said they have a hard time finding information to help them with finances.
Source: New York Post
Photo Credit-Getty Images