Cooling centers opened in Hartford since Saturday and will be open until Tuesday:
- Noon – 8 p.m.: North End Senior Center, 80 Coventry Street, Hartford
- Noon – 8 p.m.: South End Senior Center, 830 Maple Drive, Hartford
- 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.: Asylum Hill Congregational Church, 814 Asylum Avenue, Hartford
New Haven will open public libraries to serve as cooling centers on Monday and Tuesday from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Fair Haven Branch Library, located at 182 Grand Ave.
- Mitchell Branch Library, located at 37 Harrison St.
- Stetson Branch Library, located at 200 Dixwell Ave.
- Courtland Seymour Wilson Branch Library, located at 303 Washington Ave.
The following splash pads will be open as well from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. daily:
- South Genesee Park, located on South Genesee Street.
- Cedar Hill Playground, located at View Street and Rock Street.
- Edgewood Park located, located on the corner of Chapel Street & Ella T. Grasso Blvd.
- Kensington Street Park, located between Edgewood Ave & Chapel Street.
- Jocelyn Square Park, located on the corner of Humphrey & East streets.
- Ann Street Park, located between Kossuth & West streets.
- Trowbridge Square Park, located at Cedar & Portsea streets.
- Galvin Park, located at Greenwich Avenue & First Street.
- Lighthouse Point Park, located at 2 Lighthouse Rd.
- Edgewood Park, located at Ella T. Grasso Blvd & Stanley Street.
- Dover Beach, located on Front Street.
Info courtesy of WTNH Channel 8
Photo courtesy of Getty Images