Today we spoke with Sherry DeGenova of Kenway's Cause about their upcoming 8th Annual Bark Twain Bash! This event is a great time support the arts and animals!
The Mark Twain House & Museum and Kenway’s Cause present the
8th Annual Bark Twain Bash, I’s The Cat’s Meow!
Saturday September 23, 2023 6pm to 10pm
The Mark Twain House & Museum and Kenway’s Cause present the 8th Annual Bark Twain Bash, It’s the Cat’s Meow! Saturday September 23, 2023 at the Mark Twain House and Museum. This will be an evening of celebrating our four-legged friends! Proceeds to benefit Kenway’s Cause and the Mark Twain House & Museum. We will be presenting special awards to special friends of animals and even animals themselves! The event is hosted by iHeartMedia’s Renee DiNino and Buzz Engine’s Jacques Lamarre with a special presentation by The MTH&M’s Executive Director Pieter Roos. Your $40 ticket includes delicious goodies prepared by Bear’s Smokehouse BBQ. Cash bar. Desserts by Big Y! Free goodies from Dogology and Yelp Connecticut! Take part in the silent auction, meet & greets with our heroes and more! Tickets available online at www.marktwainhouse.org under events. Limited number of walk ups will be accepted between 6pm to 6:30pm.
Here are the honorees receiving the Service of Excellence Awards:
- Dr. Rachael L. Currao, Diplomate of the American College of Veterinary Surgeons (SA)Surgery Department and New England Veterinary Center and Cancer Care
- Hartford HealthCare Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI)
- Officer Anthony Gaudino & K9 Kady, Hartford Police Department
- Liz, Madelyn & Nate Drouin, Foster family for Kenway’s Cause
- Animal Control Officer Jadira Sanchez City of Bloomfield
- Hartford HealthCare K9 Teams:
- Public Safety Officer Kyle LaRiviere & K9 Kenzo
- Public Safety Officer Nick Stokke & K9 Draco (we just retired Nitro)
- Public Safety Officer Rich Sipala & K9 Bishop
- Public Safety Officer Dallas Goncalves & K9 Athena
- Public Safety Director Peter Fraser & K9 Samir
- Public Safety Officer Craig Plante and K9 Remi
- Public Safety Officer Cindy Benzi and K9 Tikka
About Kenway’s Cause
Kenway’s Cause is a 501c3 non profit organization who focuses solely on animal welfare in the city of Hartford, CT. We work closely with animal control and will intervene to provide medical care when an injured stray is picked up. As the city does not provide immediate medical attention and treatment, the only option prior to the existence of Kenway’s Cause was to euthanize the animals. Since our inception we have paid for emergency surgeries, x-rays, ultrasounds, and various tests and forms of treatment.
About The Mark Twain House & Museum
From this house, Mark Twain changed the way the world sees America and the way Americans see themselves. We continue the conversation he began.
For more information about this event, visit https://marktwainhouse.org/event/the-8th-annual-bark-twain-bashits-the-cats-meow/
Listen to the full interview above!
iHeartCommunities "Community Access" Radio is a weekly syndicated hour long talk show on all Connecticut iHeartRadio stations. Our mission is to serve and inform the CT audience about community events, programs, fundraisers & causes. Reaching over 1.8 million households in the state, this is the most listened to and trusted community program in the state! Locally written & produced.
Ways to enjoy Community Access:
Follow our social media @ReneeDiNino on FB/IG/TikTok and @MyCTcommunity on Twitter.
Blogs/Podcasts will be features on all station pages/websites and social media platforms.
You can listen through our iHeartRadioApp or listen Sunday’s to these stations and times:
The River 105.9 will air at 8pm to 9pm
These stations at 7am to 8am
WAVZ/1300 ESPN AM
These stations at 6am to 7am
News Radio 1410 am